NEWBERRY, S.C. -- Seniors Mackenzie Chrapliwy, Andie Meredith and Cassidy Bonito each reached double figures in kills, powering Belmont Abbey to a 3-1 (26-24, 15-25, 25-19, 25-19) victory over Newberry Tuesday night in non-conference women's volleyball action.
Chrapliwy led the way with 14 kills, while Bonito tallied 10 kills, 31 assists and 22 digs for her sixth triple-double of the season, tied for the national lead in Division II. Meredith chipped in 10 kills.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Bonito became just the third player in school history to reach 3,100 career assists. She now has 3,129.
- Chrapliwy added 10 digs for her sixth double-double of the year.
- Paige Rawlins had 16 digs in the defensive effort.
- Belmont Abbey, 10-11 with its 10th win in 12 outings, had nine service aces, led by Caitlyn Faber with four.
- Belmont Abbey returns to Conference Carolinas play with a trip to Mount Olive on Thursday.
- The Crusaders defeated the Trojans 3-0 in the first meeting earlier this month.