BELMONT, N.C. -- Mackenzie Chrapliwy and Andie Meredith reached double figures in kills and Cassidy Bonito tallied a double-double, leading Belmont Abbey to a 3-1 (25-23, 23-25, 25-12, 25-19) victory over Converse Tuesday night.
With their sixth win in the last seven outings, the Crusaders improve to 6-10 overall and 3-0 in league play. The Valkyries fall to 3-14, 0-3.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Chrapliwy tallied 14 kills and six digs, while Meredith added 11 kills and a team-high .308 hitting percentage.
- Bonito, who leads the nation in triple-doubles, registered 39 assists and 12 digs.
- Hailey Ryan and Paige Rawlins each had double-figures in digs with 15 and 14, respectively.
- The Crusaders had 11 service aces, led by Bonito with six, but also had 18 errors.
- The Abbey outhit Converse .184 to .035.
- Belmont Abbey continues its homestand on Saturday when it hosts a tri-match at the Wheeler Center.
- The Crusaders host Mount Olive in a conference match at 2 p.m. before the Trojans take on Savannah State at 4 p.m. The Abbey and Tigers wrap up the day with a 6 p.m. contest.