AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Cassidy Bonito tallied a triple-double of 10 kills, 19 assists and 13 digs but Augusta captured a 3-1 (25-22, 25-14, 21-25, 25-15) win over Belmont Abbey in women's volleyball action on Tuesday night. The triple-double was first of the season and sixth in the career for the senior setter from Pompano Beach, Fla.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Bonito did not have an error in her 15 attempts to hit .667 in the contest.
- Chrapliwy finished with eight kills, five assists and 10 digs, while Caitlyn Faber also reached double figures in digs with 12.
- In the opening set, Augusta pulled away from a 19-17 margin with four straight points, then used a 15-5 run to take the second.
- Trailing 7-6 in the third, Belmont Abbey rattled off four in a row and never trailed again, forcing a fourth set. The Jaguars closed to within one at 11-10 and later two at 23-21, but Chrapliwy's kill and an attack error extended the match.
- A 5-0 run in the fourth set gave Augusta some needed separation. The surge turned a 12-9 advantage into 17-9 and the Crusaders never recovered.
- After nine straight matches away from home to open the season, the Crusaders (0-9) finally enjoy the friendly confines of the Wheeler Center.
- The Abbey will open conference play on Friday night at 7 p.m. against King, then hosts a tri-match on Saturday.