Elon, N.C. -- Annie Hetzel finished 11th in the 800 meters and Julia Otranto broke the five-minute mark in the 1500, highlighting Belmont Abbey's participation at the 2019 Phoenix Invitational, hosted by Elon.
Savannah Lamb also posted a Conference Carolinas Championship qualifying standard during the day, reaching the mark in the 100 Hurdles.
- Otranto placed 11th in the 1500, posting a time of 4:57.58. She is just the the just the third woman in Belmont Abbey history to go under five minutes. Otranto also earned a spot in the league championship in the 400 Hurdles. She placed 18th with a time of 1:09.71.
- Hetzel was also 11th in her race, running the 5,000m in 19:46.79.
- Keely Weber was 19th in the 400 (1:07.06). She also placed 25th in the 1500 with a time of 5:28.43.
- Lamb had a pair of top 25 finishes in both hurdles races. She was 15th in the 100 (15.99) and 21st in the 400 (1:14.73).
- The Abbey's 4x100 relay team was seventh. Maryn Vickers, Cameron Davis, Maya McQune and Lamb covered the circle in 51.37.
- Belmont Abbey wraps up its regular season at another Division I event, the Gamecock Invitational.