BELMONT, N.C. - Senior duo Teagan McNamara and Darian DeFrench got a #1 doubles win for the Belmont Abbey women's tennis team this afternoon, but the Crusaders lost the contest 6-1 to Barton College. The Abbey is now 4-8 on the season, including 1-1 in Conference Carolinas play. The Bulldogs improved to 8-3 overall, and 1-0 in conference play.
How it Happened
- McNamara and DeFrench got the first Abbey win of the day at #1 singles
- Morgan Nguyen also earned a 7-5, 6-2 victory at #5 singles
Barton 6, Belmont Abbey 1
1. Daria Avram (BAR) def. Teagan McNamara (BAC) 6-4, 4-6, 10-5
2. Marissa Stevenson (BAR) def. Talia Semaan (BAC) 6-2, 6-4
3. Vanessa Sanoja (BAR) def. Laura Seib (BAC) 6-4, 6-1
4. Isabella Caballero (BAR) def. Carlie Davis (BAC) 6-4, 6-2
5. Morgan Nguyen (BAC) def. Ada Vargas (BAR) 7-5, 6-2
6. Claudia Capellades (BAR) def. Erica Dorn (BAC) 4-6, 6-3, 10-2
1. Darian DeFrench / Teagan McNamara (BAC) def. Daria Avram / Marissa Stevenson (BAR) 7-5
2. Vanessa Sanoja / Ada Vargas (BAR) def. Erica Dorn / Laura Seib (BAC) 7-6
3. Isabella Caballero / Claudia Capellades (BAR) def. Blair Boatright / Morgan Zahnd (BAC) 6-3
Belmont Abbey will host Converse and Lander on Saturday, March 16.