SALISBURY, N.C. -- Morgan Nguyen battled into a third set but Catawba earned a 7-0 victory over Belmont Abbey in women's tennis action on Saturday. The Indians captured all nine matches on the day.
How It Happened
- The Indians opened with a 1-0 lead after taking three double wins.
- Nguyen dropped the first set 6-1, but forced a third set by winning the second 6-3. In the decider, she fell 6-2.
- Four of Catawba's other singles wins were straight sets with the fifth cut short into a super tiebreaker.
- Belmont Abbey falls to 2-4, while Catawba is now 4-0.
Catawba 7, Belmont Abbey 0
1. Erisa Onchi (CATAWBA) def. Talia Semaan (BAC) 6-2, 6-0
2. Sophie Hirsch (CATAWBA) def. Laura Seib (BAC) 6-0, 6-3
3. Una Pandurevic (CATAWBA) def. Morgan Nguyen (BAC) 6-1, 3-6, 6-2
4. Carolina Correia (CATAWBA) def. Erica Dorn (BAC) 6-1, 6-1
5. Lauren Laughton (CATAWBA) def. Blair Boatright (BAC) 6-3, 6-4
6. Olivia Wooldridge (CATAWBA) def. Alexandria Smith (BAC) 8-0
1. Carolina Correia/Erisa Onchi (CATAWBA) def. Teagan McNamara/Talia Semaan (BAC) 6-3
2. Una Pandurevic/Sophie Hirsch (CATAWBA) def. Darian DeFrench/Erica Dorn (BAC) 7-6
3. Lauren Laughton/Olivia Wooldridge (CATAWBA) def. Carlie Davis/Morgan Zahnd (BAC) 6-4