MOUNT OLIVE, N.C. - Morgan Patton scored two goals, and the Belmont Abbey women's soccer team tied Mt. Olive 2-2 this evening. The Crusaders now stand at 9-3-3 on the season, including a 7-1-2 Conference Carolinas record. The Trojans move to 10-0-3 overall, with an 8-0-2 conference mark. It was the first goal Belmont Abbey has surrender to Mt. Olive since the 2013 season.
How it Happened
- The Crusaders came out shooting, right from the start, with Sydney Pluhacek taking each of the first two Abbey shots of the game
- Morgan Patton got the Crusaders on the board, with a header that went into the right side of the goal. The Abbey led 1-0 at halftime
- Belmont Abbey came out strong in the second half as well, taking four shots in the first 13 minutes
- In the 74th minute, Patton scored her second goal of the night off a pass from Cassidy Calhoun, giving the Crusaders a 2-0 lead
- The Trojans scored their first goal of the night in the 75th minute, then scored again in the final minute of regulation, to force overtime
Belmont Abbey will finish up its conference schedule on Saturday, November 2, when it hosts Converse College in a 1 p.m. match. The team will celebrate Senior Day.