FRANKLIN SPRINGS, Ga. - Freshman Lauryn Harding made a career-high seven saves, and the Belmont Abbey women's soccer team earned a 1-0 win at Emmanuel College this evening. It is the seventh shutout the Crusaders have earned this season, as they improve to 11-2 overall and 7-2 in conference play, clinching a spot in the upcoming Conference Carolinas Tournament. The Lions are now 5-5-1 overall and 4-3-1 against conference opponents.
How it Happened
- Cassidy Calhoun got the offense started, with a goal in the 14th minute off a pass from Morgan Patton
- Belmont Abbey outshot Emmanuel 15-4 in the first half, and led 1-0 at halftime
- Emmanuel came out shooting early in the second, but Ashley Taylor and The Abbey defensive unit only allowed two Lion shots in the last 35 minutes of the match
- Harding, with her seven saves, moves to 4-0-0 on the year
- The Crusaders took nine corner kicks in the contest, to Emmanuel's one
Belmont Abbey will welcome Mount Olive to Alumni Field on Thursday. That match will begin at 3:30 p.m.