WILSON, N.C. – Marin Felsoci scored early and often to lead the Belmont Abbey women's lacrosse team to an 18-7 victory this afternoon at Barton College. With the victory, Belmont Abbey now stands at 9-7 on the year, and 7-2 in Conference Carolinas play. They also clinched a home game in the first round of the Conference Carolinas Tournament on April 22. Barton is now 9-6, with a 6-4 conference record.
How it Happened
- It did not Felsoci long to put the Crusaders on the board first. She scored again just three minutes later for an early 2-1 Abbey lead
- Later in the half, Belmont Abbey scored four goals in a five-minute span, two by Felsoci and two by Kylie Eastman, putting the Crusaders in front 6-2
- With two minutes remaining in the half, Eastman scored a free position goal. Less than a minute later, Angelina Perrone set up Katie Cavanaugh for a score and a 9-2 lead at halftime
- It only took Allison Cline a minute and a half into the second period to find the back of the net for the Crusaders
- Barton scored a goal at the 27:03 mark, but then the Crusader defense heated up, giving up just one shot over a 16-minute span
- Eastman tallied a man-down goal with 13:43 to play. She also scored a man-up goal at the 1:18 mark, before Eva Stahlschmidt capped off the scoring with two seconds to play
- On the day, Eastman was The Abbey's leader offensively with six goals
- Felsoci scored four goals and won a game-high seven draw controls
- Eastman and Perrone each caused three Barton turnovers
Belmont Abbey will close out its regular season on Wednesday, April 17 as it hosts Southern Wesleyan for a 4:30 p.m. contest.