BELMONT, N.C. - Brittany Autry and Alexis Schulz each scored a team-high points in tonight's 81-54 win over Warren Wilson College. The victory puts The Abbey at 17-8 on the season. The Owls are now 14-13. The victory clinched Belmont Abbey a home game in the first round of the Conference Carolinas Tournament.
How it Happened
- Manuela Fungate made a layup to give the Crusaders an early 6-5 lead, and The Abbey never looked back from there. She scored seven points in the opening quarter
- After the 7:06 mark, the Crusader defense only gave up one Owls field goal over the next four minutes
- Autry capped the quarter off for Belmont Abbey, who owned a 28-15 lead when the quarter expired
- Autry scored six points in the opening 2:09 of the second. On the defensive end, the Crusaders only gave up two Warren Wilson points in the first four and a half minutes of the quarter
- Alexis Schulz capped off the period for the Crusaders, who led 50-20 at halftime
- It was Allie Downing scoring early in the third to maintain the Crusader margin. Alexis Melville capped off the quarter with a 3-pointer off a pass from Caroline Tomey, and the Crusaders led 69-38 heading into the final period
- Midway through the fourth, Kelli Thomas made back-to-back field goals for The Abbey for a 75-49 Crusader lead with 3:39 to play. From there, BAC finished off the 81-54 victory
- On the night, Autry was The Abbey's leader with 14 points, seven rebounds, and three blocked shots
- Schulz finished with 14 points and four boards, while Hannah Roney handed out nine assists
Belmont Abbey will return to conference play when it visits Mount Olive on Wednesday, February 20 for a 5:30 p.m. tipoff.