WILMINGTON, N.C. - Sophomore guard Irelynn Davisson scored 17 points to lead the Crusaders in a 74-58 loss at UNC Wilmington this evening. It was the final exhibition contest for Belmont Abbey.
How it Happened
- Allie Downing hit a three-pointer to give The Abbey an early lead, a lead it maintained through most of the first quarter. At the end of the period, the Crusaders led 18-17
- With just under two minutes left in the second quarter, Davisson nailed a three-pointer to cap an 8-0 run that gave Belmont Abbey a 28-27 lead. The Seahawks led 33-30 at halftime
- Keyanna Spivey was the first Crusader to score in the second half. Throughout the period, a handful of Abbey players would find the net, but the team trailed 53-44
- The Seahawks would finish the game with a 74-58 win
- Davisson finished with 17 points to lead the offensive efforts
- Manuela Fungate scored 12 points and grabbed six rebounds
- Downing added 15 points and five boards
Belmont Abbey will kickoff its regular season on Friday, November 9 as it hosts Tusculum in the Conference Carolinas/SAC Showdown. The game will tip off a 7:30 p.m.