MOUNT OLIVE, N.C. - Melissa Neyhouse went 3-for-5 in a doubleheader at Mount Olive this afternoon, but the Crusaders lost both contests, by scores of 9-1 and 5-4. The Abbey now stands at 13-17 on the year, and 3-7 in Conference Carolinas play. The Trojans are now 22-12 overall, with a 7-3 conference record.
How it Happened
- In Game 1, Claire Doyle led the game off with a single. Later, she scored on a wild pitch by the Trojans. She went 2-for-3 for the game
- Mount Olive went on to score four runs in the third, and five in the fourth
- In the second contest, pinch runner Kelkcee Fulton got The Abbey on the board first, scoring on a single by Peyton Wilson in the second inning
- In the next inning, Morgan Smith hit a double to left field that brought home Minona Hardin. Later in the inning, Neyhouse scored on a sacrifice fly by Wilson, making it a 3-2 Abbey lead
- In the fourth, it was Neyhouse hitting the sacrifice fly to score Elena Duran
- Mount Olive, however, scored in the bottom of the seventh to take the contest 5-4
Belmont Abbey will host Limestone College on Saturday, March 30 in a doubleheader that will begin at 2 p.m.