HARTSVILLE, S.C. -- Belmont Abbey hit .393 as a team and had 10 players register at least one kill en route to a 3-0 (25-23, 25-12, 25-16) victory at Coker Tuesday night. Freshman Andrew Kohut led the attack with seven kills as the Crusaders improved to 2-1 on the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kohut posted his season high for kills against two errors in 16 attempts for a .312 hitting percentage.
- Liam Maxwell and William Morris tallied six and four kills, respectively, without an error. Morris had a team-best five aces, plus totaled eight blocks.
- Brennan Davis dished out 26 assists and served four aces.
- In the opening set, the Crusaders trailed a majority of the time but took the last four points to reverse a 23-21 deficit.
- A pair of 8-0 runs created separation over the next two sets. In the second, the surge broke a 4-4 tie, while one in the third turned a 2-1 deficit into a 9-2 lead.
- Coker hit just .119 in the contest.
- Belmont Abbey opens its 2019 home and Conference Carolinas schedules on Saturday when it hosts King at the Wheeler Center. Action begins at 2 p.m.