COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Matt Difrancesco broke his own school record in the 200 for the second time this season, highlighting Belmont Abbey's participation at the 2019 Gamecock Invitational, hosted by the University of South Carolina on Saturday.
Difrancesco ran the event in 21.49, besting the record of 21.68 he set two weeks ago and equaled last Saturday. He finished 29th in the predominately Division I field.
- Belmont Abbey put five runners in the top 50 of the 1500 meters. Daniel Grosch finished in 4:20.62 to place 33rd overall, while Nick Snell (46th/4:34.73), Zack Rezk (48th/4:38.68), Dimarcus Vilcheck (49th/4:38.81) and Frank Condello (50th/4:41.76) were bunched in a pack together.
- Christian Keghlian placed 20th in the 5000, turning in a time of 17:31.15
- Three Crusaders enjoyed Top 10 finishes in the 3000 Steeplechase. Thomas Eichorn was sixth at 10:50.88, while Justin Haggerty placed eighth (11:05.23). Edward Genao finished 10th in a time of 11:33.93.
- Ming Davis was 18th in the javelin with a throw of 35.57m (116'-8"). His mark came on his first throw before a pair of fouls.
- The men's 4 x 100 relay team of Alex Abalos, James Thierfelder, Tyler Richardson and Difrancesco turned in a time of 42.56 to place 13th.
- The Crusaders have a week off before competing at the 2019 Conference Carolinas Championship in Central, S.C. on April 26-27.