BELMONT, N.C. – The Belmont Abbey men's soccer team honored 13 seniors before their match Saturday against Erskine. The Crusaders moved to 7-5-1 on the season and 6-1-1 in Conference Carolinas play after Erskine earned the 2-1 win. The Flying Fleet improved to 6-7-1 with a 5-3 league record.
- Erskine's Fernando Gonzalez opened the scoring in the 18th minute with a strike from 18 yards out.
- Vincent Stulec gave the Fleet a 2-0 advantage in the 29th minute.
- Erskine had a two-goal lead going into halftime.
- Belmont Abbey's Kenz Buteau scored on a perfect through ball from Davis McBee in the 82nd minute to cut the lead to one.
- The Crusaders outshot the Fleet 14-7 in the contest.
- Ben Knust recorded two saves on the afternoon.
The Crusaders will travel to Mount Olive to take on the Trojans Wednesday, October 30 at 4 PM.