BELMONT, N.C. – The Belmont Abbey men's soccer team captured the 2-1 win over Limestone (1-4, 0-1 Conference Carolinas) Saturday at Alumni Field. The Crusaders (2-3, 2-0 Conference Carolinas) scored the go-ahead goal in the 59th minute to earn their second conference win.
- Limestone opened the scoring in the 20th minute when Nacho Reigada scored after collecting his own rebound,
- Belmont Abbey evened the score with five seconds remaining in the first half when Hallvard Boehn found the back of the net off a pass from Alex Piro.
- At the break, Limestone had outshot the Crusaders 9-1.
- The Abbey took the lead in the 59th minute Thomas Murray led Kenz Buteau up the field and after a quick move found Albin Baathe for the score.
- The game ended with Limestone holding a 23-4 shot advantage.
- Ben Knust recorded six saves in the contest.
The Crusaders travel to Mars Hill September 25th a match at 7:30 PM.