WILSON, N.C. – The Belmont Abbey men's soccer team captured its first win of the season, beating Barton 3-0 Saturday. Adam Lindskog, Sander Herlofsen, and Nando Morales scored their first goals of the season as the Crusaders won their Conference Carolinas opener.
How it Happened
- Morales put in a header in the fourth minute to put the Crusaders up 1-0.
- Herlofsen headed in Morales' corner to push The Abbey lead to 2-0 in the eighth minute.
- Lindskog scored his second goal of the match after Mark Trompeter assisted his effort in the 47th minute.
- Belmont Abbey and Barton both recorded 14 shots in the game.
- Abbey keeper Ben Knust managed seven saves in his first shutout of his career.
- Barton keeper Francisco Noguera recorded five saves.
Belmont Abbey is now 1-2 on the year and 1-0 in conference play. Barton is now 2-1 on the year and 0-1 in league play.
The Crusaders will travel to Franklin Springs, Ga., to play Emmanuel on Wednesday.