YOUNG HARRIS, GA, - The Belmont Abbey men's soccer team opened their season against the Young Harris Mountain Lions who are ranked 11th in the country. The Mountain Lions took the 3-0 win after three hours of lightning delays in Young Harris, Ga. The match was delayed two hours at the start and again just 15 minutes into the first half for another 60 minutes. The Crusaders are 0-1 on the year an Young Harris improves to 1-0.
How it Happened
- No. 11 Young Harris took the 1-0 lead in the 41st minute when Mikie Rowe scored off a pass from Alex Gschwend.
- 70 seconds later No. 11 Young Harris' Mehdy Hidane scored in the box, with the assist from Rowe.
- Mountain Lion Carlos Gomez found the back of the net off a pass from Sondre Olson who fed Rowe on the left wing who found Gomez.
- Belmont Abbey's Geinner Duque and Sander Herlofsen both recorded shots.
- Ben Knust managed three saves in the second half for the Crusaders.
- The Crusaders will play at Coker Wednesday, September 5 at 7 PM.