BELMONT, N.C. - Brody Munro caused four turnovers, but the #4-ranked Belmont Abbey Men's Lacrosse team lost a 14-8 contest to the #16-ranked Queens Royals this afternoon. The setback puts the Crusaders at 6-1 on the year. Queens improves to 5-1.
How it Happened
- Liam Osborne put The Abbey on the board first off a pass from Sean Hanrahan
- Osborne set up Booth for a goal later in the quarter, and The Abbey led 4-2 when the period ended
- Hanrahan needed less than a minute into the second quarter to increase the Crusader lead to 5-2. Three Royals goals tied the game at five, before Haas found the back of the net, and Jack Piggott took advantage of a man-up opportunity to put The Abbey back in front 7-5. The halftime score was 7-7
- Haas scored the lone goal for Belmont Abbey in the third, as Queens took a 13-8 lead into the fourth quarter
- The fourth was all defense. The Crusaders gave up just three shots in the entire period. They were forcing turnovers. However, they could not find the net, and finished with a 14-8 loss.
- On the day, Haas was the Crusaders' leader offensively, with three goals. Hanrahan handed out three assists
- Defensively, Munro caused four Queens turnovers. Zach Stephenson won six of his 11 faceoffs
Belmont Abbey will host The University of Indianapolis on Thursday, March 14. That game will start at 3 p.m.