BELMONT, N.C. -- DeQuan Abrom scored 17 of his game-high 25 points in the second half and three others reached double figures, leading Belmont Abbey to an 82-69 Conference Carolinas men's basketball victory over Limestone Wednesday night. The contest was the league opener for both teams.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In addition to his 25 points, Abrom grabbed five rebounds, dished out four assists and made three steals.
- Bosko Bojovic and Romeao Ferguson chipped in 12 points each, while freshman Charles Solomon reached double figures for the third time in his career with 10 points.
- Ferguson and Sean Halloran shared the team rebounding lead with six, while Halloran had a team-best four assists.
- Belmont Abbey (5-2) shot just 46.7 percent from the field, but held the Saints (1-7) to 42.1 percent.
- The Crusaders trailed 34-31 on the boards, just the second game this season (second straight) they have been out-rebounded.
- The Abbey forced 19 turnovers while committing a season-low 13.
- The contest was close at 45-41 when BAC went on a 17-5 run over a span of 5:25.
- Belmont Abbey takes a few days off for the holiday before hosting league newcomer Chowan on Tuesday.
- The game will be the back end of a 5:30 p.m. doubleheader.