DAVIDSON, N.C. -- Bizzy Baumeier tallied two goals and an assist and Lauren Delisi struck twice, helping Belmont Abbey clinch a South Atlantic Conference Carolinas tournament berth with a 6-0 win over Mount Olive Wednesday afternoon.
The game was moved up a day and to Belk Field at Davidson College due to weather.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Belmont Abbey matched its biggest scoring half of the season with four in the opening 30 minutes. It matched a quartet in the second half against Coker.
- The Crusaders opened the scoring at the 8:03 mark when Lauren Delisi redirected a shot by Kayley Williams. It was her seventh goal of the season.
- Angelina Perrone doubled the lead 2:39 into the second, then Bizzy Baumeier knocked in a rebound 8:40 before halftime.
- The outburst ended on a Kayley Williams goal after a pass from Baumeier with 4:07 remaining.
- Baumeier and Delisi each scored in the third to stretch the margin to 6-0.
- The shutout was the fifth of the season for The Abbey, extending the school record.
- Freshman Julianna Smith earned her first career start and win, making two saves. Paige Hinds shared the shutout with fourth-quarter action.
- Belmont Abbey held a 36-2 advantage in shots, including 21-0 in the opening half.
- Penalty corners went 14-4 in favor of The Abbey.