CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A penalty-stroke goal early in the fourth quarter was the only tally of the contest, lifting Queens to a 1-0 victory over Belmont Abbey in South Atlantic Conference Carolinas field hockey action Saturday afternoon.
Maya Forbes converted at just 3:31 into the final period.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The teams combined for just four shots on goal, two by each team. Queens held a 10-3 advantage in total shots.
- Kayley Williams and Camrynn Aiello took the attempts for the Crusaders (6-9, 5-4).
- Queens also posted a 5-2 advantage in penalty corners.
- Paige Hinds was credited with one save.
- Belmont Abbey wraps up its string of five straight games on the road when it travels to Converse on Tuesday.
- The game will begin at 7:30 p.m.