Posted: Oct 19, 2019
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Belmont Abbey wrapped up a two-game swing in Louisville with a 3-0 setback against former ECAC rival Lindenwood in neutral-site field hockey action on Saturday. The game was played at Bellarmine.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Lindenwood (7-5) scored the only goal of first half at the 11:36 mark of the opening quarter. The Lions added a goal midway through the third and another six minutes into the fourth period for the final score.
- Lindenwood outshot the Crusaders 11-1 with Samantha Moore registering the only attempt.
- Paige Hinds stopped four of the seven shots she faced, while Julianna Smith came on in relief and made a career-high two stops.
- Lindenwood held an 8-2 advantage in penalty corners.
- Belmont Abbey stays on the road for three more contests, all in South Atlantic Conference Carolinas play.
- The Crusaders travel to Coker for a crucial matchup at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
- The Abbey won an 8-3 decision against the Cobras in their first meeting this season, Sept. 14 in Belmont.