BELMONT, N.C. -- Sarah Tobin and Maddie Mitchell scored their first career goals, but the late rally fell short in a 5-2 setback to Bellarmine in non-conference field hockey action Saturday. Mitchell also assisted on Tobin's goal
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Bellarmine (5-2) scored twice in the first quarter and extended the lead to 3-0 by intermission.
- Two goals early in the fourth period made the score 5-0 before the Crusaders got on the board.
- Tobin found the cage after a pass from Mitchell with 1:02 remaining in the contest.
- 29 seconds later, it was Mitchell's time to shine.
- Paige Hinds made five saves in goal before giving way to Julianna Smith, who made her first career save in 12:21 of action.
- Belmont Abbey continues its homestand on Tuesday against South Atlantic Conference Carolinas foe Converse.
- The start time is set for 4 p.m.