MOUNT OLIVE, N.C. -- Senior Paige Hinds earned her fifth career shutout and Bizzy Baumeier and Lauren Delisi tallied goals, leading Belmont Abbey to a 2-0 victory over Mount Olive in South Atlantic Conference Carolinas field hockey action Wednesday afternoon. The Crusaders improve to 4-3 overall, 3-1 in league play.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hinds saved all three shots she faced. It was her second shutout of the season, tying her own shared school record. She already held the school career standard.
- Baumeier opened the scoring at 6:08 of the second quarter, taking a centering pass from Abbey Playle.
- Playle also assisted on the second goal, making a similar pass to Delisi.
- Belmont Abbey outshot the Trojans (1-5, 1-3) by a 27-4 count, 15-3 on goal. They also held a 13 advantage in penalty corners.
- Mount Olive is in its first year as a program, having recently added the sport.
- Belmont Abbey steps out of conference when it hosts Bellarmine on Saturday.
- The Crusaders and Knights face off at 1 p.m. at Alumni Field.