BELMONT, N.C. -- Cassidy Bonito posted a triple-double of 10 kills, 29 assists and 10 digs Saturday, helping Belmont Abbey to a sweep of a tri-match against North Greenville and Chowan. The Crusaders defeated NGU 3-1 (13-25, 25-10, 25-23, 25-21) in Conference Carolinas action to start the day, then topped the Hawks 3-1 (25-20, 14-25, 25-19, 25-18) in the nightcap.
By winning seven of their last eight matches, The Abbey improves to 12-8 overall and 6-2 in league play.
- Mackenzie Chrapliwy led the team in kills with 15, while adding seven digs.
- A trio of Crusaders joined Bonito with double-figure digs -- Sarah Kenney with 18, Hailey Ryan with 12 and Leah Gunter with 10.
- Bonito hit a team-high .412 in the contest.
- Belmont Abbey came out flat in the first set, trailing 13-3 enroute to the 25-13 decision.
- In the second set, the hosts jumped out to an 11-6 advantage, then finished on a 10-3 run to even the match at 1-1
- The third set saw a late Belmont Abbey flourish as it ended with seven straight points.
- The fourth set held a 17-17 tie before BAC tallied three straight points. The visitors closed to one point at 20-19, but Chrapliwy had back-to-back kills at 23-20 to spark the victory.
- A season-high of 22 players saw action for the Crusaders.
- Lydia Sale led the offensive attack with six kills, while Mckenzie Miller added five. Sale also tallied a team-high nine digs.
- Bonito tallied 26 assists.
- Chowan opened the first set with an 11-3 led, but saw The Abbey rattle off 13 straight points. The Hawks trailed 21-15 when they used a 6-1 to trail 23-20, but a pair of Crusader kills ended the first set.
- The second set featured a 5-0 run to start and an 8-2 run to finish as Chowan evened the match 25-14.
- From there it was all Abbey as it took the last two sets 25-19 and 25-18.
- Belmont Abbey has its next two matches on the road beginning Tuesday at Francis Marion.