MISENHEIMER, N.C. - The Belmont Abbey women's tennis team earned a 5-4 win at Pfeiffer this afternoon, clinching a spot in the Conference Carolinas tournament. The victory puts the Abbey at 10-14 on the season with a 4-6 conference mark. The Falcons are now 2-12 overall and 0-8 in Conference Carolinas play.
Weber and Heim highlighted singles play. At #5 Alex Weber got a very quick 6-2, 6-0 win. Right behind her at the #6 spot, freshman Emily Heim clinched the Crusader victory with another fast match, 6-0, 6-2.
1. Olivia Nelms (PFEI) def. Aisiri Jandyala (BAC) 6-2, 6-2
2. Mylene Petitpas (PFEI) def. Teagan McNamara (BAC) 6-0, 4-6, 6-2
3. Darian DeFrench (BAC) def. ShaNisha White (PFEI) 7-6, 0-6, 6-2
4. Meggan Amour (PFEI) def. Rachele Subik (BAC) 6-2, 7-5
5. Alex Weber (BAC) def. Madison Hatley (PFEI) 6-2, 6-0
6. Emily Heim (BAC) def. Brittany Blackburn (PFEI) 6-0, 6-2
1. Aisiri Jandyala/Teagan McNamara (BAC) def. Meggan Amour/Olivia Nelms (PFEI) 8-5
2. Mylene Petitpas/ShaNisha White (PFEI) def. Darian DeFrench/Morgan Zahnd (BAC) 8-4
3. Rachele Subik/Alex Weber (BAC) def. Brittany Blackburn/Madison Hatley (PFEI) 8-0
Belmont Abbey will next play at Mt. Olive on Tuesday, April 11 at 2 p.m. It will be the final match of the regular season.