The Belmont Abbey women's tennis squad lost a pair of contests today: 7-2 at Emmanuel (GA) and 9-0 at Lander. The day moves the Abbey to 8-9 on the season and 2-2 against Conference Carolinas opponents. The Lions now stand at 9-10 overall and 2-2 in conference play. Lander moved to 7-3.
In the morning match against Emmanuel, The Crusaders lost the opening doubles match, but Aisiri Jandyala and Teagan McNamara got an 8-2 win at the #2 spot to even the score at one. The Lions led 2-1 heading into singles play.
Junior Erika Noblett got the sole win for the Crusaders in singles play. She got an 8-3 win at the #6 spot. Only one set was played as the match's winner had already been determined.
1. Fantine Botella (EMM) def. Aisiri Jandyala (BAC) 6-2, 6-4
2. Pearlian Cipriano (EMM) def. Teagan McNamara (BAC) 6-1, 6-3
3. Maria Raich (EMM) def. Darian DeFrench (BAC) 6-2, 6-1
4. Victoria Silva (EMM) def. Rachele Subik (BAC) 6-1, 7-5
5. Katharina Kiderlen (EMM) def. Alex Weber (BAC) 4-6, 6-1, 6-3
6. Erika Noblett (BAC) def. Abi Muesse (EMM) 8-3
1. Fantine Botella/Chloe O'Connor (EMM) def. Darian DeFrench/Morgan Zahnd (BAC) 8-6
2. Aisiri Jandyala/Teagan McNamara (BAC) def. Katharina Kiderlen/Maria Raich (EMM) 8-2
3. Pearlian Cipriano/Victoria Silva (EMM) def. Rachele Subik/Alex Weber (BAC) 8-0
1. Yuriko Ono (LU) def. Aisiri Jandyala (BAC) 8-2
2. Ivanka Mocic (LU) def. Teagan McNamara (BAC) 8-3
3. Caroline Yodice (LU) def. Erika Noblett (BAC) 8-3
4. Nelli Lius(LU) def. Morgan Zahnd (BAC) 8-1
5. Isabella Schulz(LU) def. Emily Heim (BAC) 8-0
6. Lucia Ric (LU) def. Hannah Davis (BAC) 8-1
1. Nelli Lius/Yuriko Ono (LU) def. Darian DeFrench/Morgan Zahnd (BAC) 8-1
2. Caroline Yodice/Isabella Schulz (LU) def. Rachele Subik/Alex Weber (BAC) 8-4
3. Ivanka Mocic/Julia Suzuki (LU) def. Hannah Davis/Emily Heim (BAC) 8-0
Belmont Abbey will be back for more action tomorrow for a 12pm visit to Erskine.