BELMONT, N.C. - Morgan Farrar scored a goal to tie the match at one, but Chowan went on to upend the Crusader women's soccer team 2-1 in double overtime on Senior Day today. The loss gives The Abbey a final regular season record of 12-3, and 8-3 in Conference Carolinas play. Chowan finishes 8-6-1, and 7-3-1 against conference opponents.
How it Happened
- Chowan scored the first goal of the day in the 32nd minute to lead 1-0 at halftime
- After a back-and-forth start to the second half, Farrar found the back of the net off a pass from Ashley Taylor in the 81st minute, which forced overtime
- In the first overtime, the Crusader defense only gave up one Chowan shot
- Belmont Abbey got some opportunities in the second overtime, but a Hawks goal in the 104th minute ended the contest
- The Crusaders outshot the Hawks 18-14 in the match
- Lauryn Harding made seven saves in goal
Belmont Abbey will host Erskine College in a Conference Carolinas Quarterfinal match on Tuesday, October 30. The match will begin at 2 p.m.