BRISTOL, Tenn. - Belmont Abbey forward Aaron Schrempp scored the final goal of a 4-0 victory at King University this afternoon. It was the fourth shutout of the season for the Crusaders, who are now 6-1 on the season and 2-1 in conference play. The Tornado now stand at 0-7 on the year and 0-3 against Conference Carolinas opponents.
How It Happened
- Sydney Pluhacek got the scoring started with a goal in the 15th minute, and The Abbey led 1-0 at halftime
- Morgan Patton only needed four minutes in the second half to score off a pass from Sabrina Bologna. It was her team-leading third goal of the season
- Just four minutes later, Bologna scored a goal of her own, with Rachel Coutinho and Alex Butorovich assisting on the goal
- In the final minute of the contest, Schrempp found the back of the net for her first goal of the season
- Senior Rachel Coutinho was the leader of a defensive unit that gave up a total of just three shots on the day
- It was Belmont Abbey's sixth win in a row against King, dating back to 2014
The Crusaders will host Southern Wesleyan University on Saturday. The match will begin at 12 p.m. as The Abbey will celebrate Homecoming.