SPARTANBURG, S.C. - The Belmont Abbey women's soccer team scored a season-high four goals in a 4-0 victory at Converse College this evening. It is the third shutout victory in a row for the Crusaders. The Abbey improves to 5-0 on the year and 1-0 in Conference Carolinas action. The Valkyries are now 0-5 overall, with a 0-3 conference mark.
How It Happened
- It took Morgan Patton about five minutes into the contest to put the Crusaders up 1-0 on a pass from Allyson Elliott
- In the 38th minute, Tallee Zamiela found the back of the net off a corner kick by Savannah Goodin, giving The Abbey a 2-0 halftime lead
- In the 63rd, Alex Butorovich took a shot that found the top corner of the net for a 3-0 Crusader advantage
- In the 77th, freshman Cassidy Calhoun scored her first career goal to cap off the scoring
- The Crusaders outshot the Valkyries 24-5
- Belmont Abbey took six corners on the night, while Converse took none
Belmont Abbey will visit conference opponent Limestone on Saturday. Kickoff is slated for 7:30 p.m.