BOCA RATON, Fla. - Allyson Elliott scored the only goal of the match in a 1-0 Belmont Abbey win this afternoon at Lynn University. The Abbey improves to 4-0 on the year, while the Fighing Knights are now 2-2. The Crusaders recorded shutouts in both matches in their trip to Florida.
How it Happened
- The game was scoreless at halftime, while the Crusader defense gave up just six shots to Lynn in the first half. The Abbey took five shots in the period
- In the 65th minute, Elliott found the back of the net off a pass from Morgan Patton
- In the second half, the Belmont Abbey defensive unit only allowed five shots, while the offense took 10
- Patton took six shots, the most of any Crusader
- The Abbey only gave up two shots on goal in the contest, both of which resulted in saves for Caroline Lauer
Belmont Abbey will welcome Columbus State University to Alumni Field on Wednesday, September 12. That match will begin at 4 p.m.