HICKORY, N.C. - Morgan Patton scored the game-winner for Belmont Abbey in double overtime, sealing a 2-1 victory for the Crusaders. The Abbey imporves to 2-0 on the season, while Lenoir-Rhyne moves to 1-1. Both of Belmont Abbey's contests have gone into overtime.
How it Happened
- Lenoir-Rhyne struck first, with a goal in the 25th minute
- Midfielder Sydney Pluhacek evened the match at one with a penalty kick goal in the 40th, for a 1-1 halftime score
- The second half was a defensive battle, in which The Abbey only gave up five shots to the Bears
- In overtime, a shot by Ashley Taylor missed the goal by inches, sailing just high
- In double overtime, Patton took a shot from the left side to find the back of the net and clinch the victory
- Belmont Abbey heads to Palm Beach Atlantic University on Thursday for a 6 p.m. kickoff