TIGERVILLE, S.C. – Angelina Perrone tied her season-high with three goals and the Belmont Abbey women's lacrosse team cruised to a 15-4 win at North Greenville this evening. The Abbey improves to 8-7 on the year, with a 6-2 Conference Carolinas record. NGU is now 9-6 overall, and 7-2 in conference play.
How it Happened
- North Greenville scored the first two goals of the game, but it was all Abbey from there. Kylie Eastman scored two goals in four minutes before Perrone put BAC in front for good with 16:33 left in the half
- Three Abbey goals in a two-minute span put The Abbey on top 6-2
- With 1:54 left in the half, Marin Felsoci capped off the period with a goal off a pass from Eastman, just 18 seconds after a free position goal by Perrone, and Belmont Abbey led 12-2 at halftime
- Eastman only needed 23 seconds into the second to find the back of the net
- Felsoci scored with nine minutes left in the game to cap off the scoring for BAC
- The Abbey defensive unit only gave up one shot in the last nine minutes of the game
- On the night, Eastman scored five goals and handed out three assists
- Perrone tallied three goals and an assist. Felsoci won seven draw controls and caused three turnovers, both game-highs
Belmont Abbey will travel to Barton College on Saturday, April 13 for a 12 p.m. contest.