SAINT LEO, Fla. - Marin Felsoci scored four goals, but the Belmont Abbey Women's Lacrosse team dropped a 19-9 contest at #24-ranked Saint Leo University this evening. The Crusaders move to 5-5 on the year, while the Lions improved to 9-0.
How it Happened
- Felsoci scored the first Crusader goal of the day, just 5:14 into the contest. She scored again just two minutes later to tie the game at two
- Later in the half, The Abbey got three goals in a 1:54 span. Felsoci scored at the 7:34 mark. Kylie Eastman set up Alyssa Pearson for a man-up goal. Then Felsoci scored her fourth goal of the day on a free position shot to pull the Crusaders to within two goals at 8-6. The Lions led at halftime 10-6
- Angelina Perrone was the first Crusader to score in the second, as she capitalized on a man-up opportunity on a pass from Eastman. Perrone later set up Katie Cavanaugh for a score
- Sarah Ciampa capped off the game with free position goal with 3:12 to play, but Saint Leo finished off the game with the 19-9 victory
- On the night, Felsoci was The Abbey leader offensively with four goals and five draw controls
- Abby Kranich was the defensive leader, causing four Lion turnovers
- As a unit, Belmont Abbey won the draw controls battle 15-14
Belmont Abbey will visit #3-ranked Florida Southern College on Thursday, March 21 at 7 p.m.