BELMONT, N.C. - Claire Doyle had a 4-for-7 day against Lenoir-Rhyne, but the Crusaders lost by scores of 6-2 and 5-0. The Abbey now stands at 6-6 on the season, while the Bears improve to 8-5.
How it Happened
- Peyton Wilson got the Crusaders on the board in the first inning with a double to right field that brought home Brianna Embler
- Jordanna pitched 3-up, 3-down innings in the second and fourth. In the bottom of the fourth, Cameron Cooper capitalized on a throwing error by the Bears, crossing home plate to narrow the L-R lead to 3-2
- Lenoir-Rhyne scored three runs in the seventh to take the opening contest 6-2
- In the second game, a second-inning homerun by the Bears proved to be the game winner
- Doyle went 3-for-3 in the game. Annabeth Watkins threw 6.2 innings, and tossed three strikeouts
- On the day, Doyle was 4-for-7
- Wilson also played well, finishing 3-for-5 on the day, with a walk and an RBI
Belmont Abbey will welcome Elizabeth City State University to Crusader Field on Saturday, March 2. That doubleheader will begin at 12 p.m.