BELMONT, N.C. -- Liam Maxwell recorded 17 kills, but King rebounded from a first-set loss to earn a 3-1 (21-25, 25-13, 25-18. 27-25) victory over Belmont Abbey in men's volleyball action on Saturday. The contest marked the home opener and Conference Carolinas opener for the Crusaders, who fell to 2-2, 0-1 in the contest.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Maxwell finished the contest with just one error and a .356 hitting percentage, while Carter Eck tallied a .385 percentage with seven kills. Brian Long added eight kills for The Abbey.
- Brennan Davis tallied 44 assists and 10 digs for his first double-double of the season.
- Maxwell also tallied his first double-double of the year, adding 14 digs to his scoreline.
- Belmont Abbey took the first set, outhitting the Tornado .233 to .083.
- King (3-3, 2-0) came back in the next three sets with the offensive advantage, finishing the contest with a .280 to .203 edge
- Sean Kohlhase led King with 22 kills, while Joshua Kim added 14.
- Belmont Abbey travels to Lees-McRae on Wednesday for a 7 p.m. start.