BANNER ELK, N.C. - Zachary Blythe earned quick wins at both #1 singles and #1 doubles, leading the Belmont Abbey men's tennis team to a 7-0 shutout over Lees-McRae College this afternoon. With the victory, the Crusaders improve to 8-12 on the year, with a 2-2 conference mark. The Bobcats dipped to 5-11 overall, and 0-2 in conference play.
How it Happened
- Blythe, Christopher Hansen, and Jacob Andress each earned 6-2, 6-1 victories in their singles matches
- Andres Astudillo and Holden Ballard had the quickest doubles match, a 6-1 victory at #3
- It was The Abbey's fourth win in a row over the Bobcats, and their second shutout in a row
Belmont Abbey 7, Lees-McRae 0
1. Zachary Blythe (BAC) def. Miodrag Popovic (LMC) 6-2, 6-1
2. George Barfoot (BAC) def. Matt Meluch (LMC) 8-4
3. Christopher Hansen (BAC) def. Fitzgerald Lomp (LMC) 6-2, 6-1
4. Carlos Nolasco (BAC) def. James Kirkham (LMC) 8-2
5. Jacob Andress (BAC) def. Brandon Caldwell (LMC) 6-2, 6-1
6. Holden Ballard (BAC) def. Colton Porter (LMC) 8-0
1. George Barfoot / Zachary Blythe (BAC) def. Fitzgerald Lomp / Miodrag Popovic (LMC) 6-3
2. Christopher Hansen / Bailey Horne (BAC) def. James Kirkham / Matt Meluch (LMC) 7-6
3. Andres Astudillo / Holden Ballard (BAC) def. Brandon Caldwell / Colton Porter (LMC) 6-1
Belmont Abbey will visit King University tomorrow for a 2:30 p.m. match.