MURFREESBORO, N.C. - Zachary Blythe got a victory at #1 singles, but the Belmont Abbey Men's Tennis team lost to the defending Conference Carolinas champion Chowan 4-3 this afternoon. The setback puts The Abbey at 6-10 this year, while the Hawks are now 1-3.
How it Happened
- Jacob Andress and Kent Shiell got The Abbey its first win of the day with a victory at #3 doubles
- Zachary Blythe earned a 7-5, 6-3 win at #1 singles
- Wlayimer Jimenez got a win at #6 singles
Chowan 4, Belmont Abbey 3
1. Zachary Blythe (BAC) def. Mariano Yeh (CU) 7-5, 6-3
2. Edmond Aynedjian (CU def. George Barfoot (BAC) 6-4, 6-4
3. Adi Kaliakperov (CU) def. Kent Shiell (BAC) 1-6, 6-4, 6-2
4. Bailey Horne (BAC) def. Louis Proulx (CU) 6-0, 7-5
5. Rafael D'Atri (CU) def. Carlos Nolasco (BAC) 6-2, 6-4
6. Wlayimer Jimenez (BAC) won by default
1. Edmond Aynedjian / Mariano Yeh (CU) def. Zachary Blythe / Henrique Leal (BAC) 7-5
2. Adi Kaliakperov / Louis Proulx (CU) def. George Barfoot / Bailey Horne (BAC) 6-4
3. Jacob Andress / Kent Shiell (BAC) won by default
Belmont Abbey will host West Virginia Wesleyan on Tuesday, March 5 for a 2:30 p.m. match.