SUMTER, S.C. - Senior James Delaney made quick work in a 6-2, 6-1 victory at #1 singles, and the Crusader men's tennis headed to the Conference Carolinas Champsionship for the second year in a row. The Abbey won the match 5-4, and improves to 16-19 on the year. Limestone, seeded #1 in the conference and ranked #26 in the nation, is now 14-7.
Doubles competition was all Abbey. Delaney and George Barfoot got a very quick 8-2 win at #1. Jose Disotuar and Andres Astudillo earned an 8-4 victory at #3. Capping off the doubles play were Zachary Blythe and Henrique Leal, who won at #2 by a score of 8-5.
Delaney quickly ended his #1 singles match, earning a 6-2, 6-1 victory. Barfoot won the other singles match for The Abbey, with a 6-2, 6-3 victory at #3.
Belmont Abbey will face the #3 seeded Chowan Hawks tomorrow at 10 a.m. for the Conference Carolinas Championship.
Belmont Abbey 5, Limestone 4
1. James Delaney (BAC) def. Domantas Sadauskas (LC) 6-2, 6-1
2. Emilio Samhan (LC) def. Zachary Blythe (BAC) 6-2, 2-6, 6-3
3. George Barfoot (BAC) def. Luka Stanec (LC) 6-2, 6-3
4. Guillermo Ortega (LC) def. Jose Disotuar (BAC) 6-4, 6-1
5. Pierluigi Neri (LC) def. Carlos Nolasco (BAC) 6-4, 6-4
6. Sacha Terrizzano (LC) def. Reinaldo Golindano (BAC) 6-4, 6-1
1. George Barfoot / James Delaney (BAC) def. Sacha Terrizzano / Federico Garnier (LC) 8-2
2. Zachary Blythe / Henrique Leal (BAC) def. Domantas Sadauskas / Luka Stanec (LC) 8-5
3. Andres Astudillo / Jose Disotuar (BAC) def. Guillermo Ortega / Pierluigi Neri (LC) 8-4