BELMONT, N.C. - James Delaney earned a 5-2 win at #1 singles and the Belmont Abbey men's tennis team earned a 9-0 sweep over King University this afternoon. The Crusaders are now 8-15 on the season, and 2-0 in Conference Carolinas play. The Tornado are now 3-7 overall, and 2-2 in conference play. Both conference wins for The Abbey have been shutouts.
The Abbey began the day with a 3-0 sweep in doubles play, highlighted by an 8-1 victory by George Barfoot and Delaney at #1. In singles play, Delaney earned a 5-2 victory at #1, which ended in a retirement. Also strong was Reinaldo Golindano, who earned a 6-0, 6-0 shutout at #6.
Belmont Abbey will host Lees-McRae College tomorrow at 1 p.m.
Belmont Abbey 9, King 0
1. James Delaney (BAC) def. Lennard Keswani (KING) 5-2 ret.
2. George Barfoot (BAC) def. Lennard Neumann (KING) 4-6, 6-4, 10-4
3. Zachary Blythe (BAC) def. Alejandro Feliciano (KING) 6-4, 6-1
4. Jose Disotuar (BAC) def. Jorge Luis Rojas (KING) 6-2, 6-1
5. Carlos Nolasco (BAC) def. Charles Jabaley (KING) 6-3, 6-1
6. Reinaldo Golindano (BAC) def. Arturo Alfaro (KING) 6-0, 6-0
1. George Barfoot / James Delaney (BAC) def. Alejandro Feliciano / Lennard Neumann (KING) 8-1
2. Zachary Blythe / Henrique Leal (BAC) def. Arturo Alfaro / Lennard Keswani (KING) 8-4
3. Jose Disotuar / Reinaldo Golindano (BAC) def. Charles Jabaley / Sebastian Lieflaender (KING) 8-5