BELMONT, NC - The Belmont Abbey men's tennis team earned a 6-3 victory this afternoon over North Greenville, in its Raise the Red Match. The win puts the Abbey at 16-9 on the year and 7-0 in conference play. NGU dipped to 5-12 on the season, with a 3-6 mark against Conference Carolinas opponents. Belmont Abbey has now won four of its past five matches.
1. Sjors van Eck (NGU) def. Juan Baez (BAC) 6-3, 6-1
2. Grant Goldin (BAC) def. Alejandro de la Torre (NGU) 7-5, 6-2
3. James Delaney (BAC) def. Josh Gomez (NGU) 6-4, 6-4
4. George Barfoot (BAC) def. Dion Nijbor (NGU) 6-4, 6-0
5. Zachary Blythe (BAC) def. Edmundo Torres (NGU) 6-3, 3-6, 11-9
6. Carlos Nolasco (BAC) def. Austin Schlarb (NGU) 6-2, 6-2
1. George Barfoot/James Delaney (BAC) def. Alejandro de la Torre/Dion Nijbor (NGU) 8-6
2. Josh Gomez/Sjors van Eck (NGU) def. Zachary Blythe/Grant Goldin (BAC) 8-5
3. Austin Schlarb/Edmundo Torres (NGU) def. Jacob Andress/Michal Rapsik (BAC) 8-6
Belmont Abbey will next face Southern Wesleyan tomorrow at 2 p.m. at the Reidy Tennis Center.