DUE WEST, SC - The Belmont Abbey men's tennis team earned a 9-0 shutout on conference opponent Erskine this afternoon. The win improves the Abbey's record to 14-9 on the year and 5-0 in conference play. Erskine is now 1-13 overall and 1-6 in Conference Carolinas play.
Freshmen Jacob Andress and Zachary Blythe both recorded 6-0, 6-0 shutouts in their singles positions. James Delaney, at the #2 spot, also had a strong performance, earning a 6-1, 6-3 victory. The Abbey took the win at #6 singles by default.
Andress and sophomore Michal Rapsik earned an 8-1 win at #3 doubles, the best doubles score of the day for the Crusaders.
1. Grant Goldin (BAC) def. Andres Argenal (EC) 6-3, 2-6, 10-6
2. James Delaney (BAC) def. Nikolai Suhr (EC) 6-1, 6-3
3. George Barfoot (BAC) def. Ross Edgar (EC) 6-3, 6-3
4. Zachary Blythe (BAC) def. Isaac Gideons (EC) 6-0, 6-0
5. Jacob Andress (BAC) def. Tyler Burgess (EC) 6-0, 6-0
6. Joseph Horne (BAC) won by default
1. George Barfoot/James Delaney (BAC) def. Ritwik Bhriguvanshi/Nikolai Suhr (EC) 8-5
2. Zachary Blythe/Grant Goldin (BAC) def. Andres Argenal/Ross Edgar (EC) 8-3
3. Jacob Andress/Michal Rapsik (BAC) def. Andre Andre/Isaac Gideons (EC) 8-1
Up next for the Crusaders will be a visit from Barton College. That match will take place on Tuesday, March 28 at 2pm at the Reidy Tennis Center.