WILSON, N.C. - Liam Osborne scored four goals and handed out three assists, leading the Crusaders to an 18-6 victory at Barton College this afternoon. The win puts The Abbey at 5-0 on the season, with a 2-0 Conference Carolinas mark. Barton dipped to 1-4 overall, and 0-1 in conference play.
How it Happened
- In the first quarter, Osborne and Collin Grippo scored just 31 seconds apart from each other to give Belmont Abbey a 2-1 lead. Later in the quarter, Noah Haas set up Osborne for another score, then tallied a goal of his own with 5:43 in the period
- Osborne capped off the period with a score off a pass from Sean Hanrahan, and the Crusaders held a 6-2 advantage when the period ended
- Ben Utrosa scored just 1:10 into the second, and it proved to be the game winner. With 32 seconds remaining in the quarter, Austin Hasen scored man-up goal off a pass from Osborne, and the Crusaders led 9-3 at halftime
- Hasen also got the third quarter off with a goal just two minutes into the period. Haas went on to score three more goals and hand out another assist in the period, including a man-up goal to end the quarter. Belmont Abbey held a commanding 15-5 lead heading into the final period
- In the fourth, it was Bailey Williams getting multiple goals, while Aidan Carroll capped it off at the 1:16 mark and Belmont Abbey took the 18-6 win
- Osborne was The Abbey's offensive leader with four goals and three assists. He also picked up four ground balls. Haas contributed four goals and two assists. Hasen finished with three goals
- Defnesively, Anthony Cesario caused four Barton turnovers, while Conor Larkin caused three
- Brady Smith won nine of his 14 faceoffs. Bryce Gifford made 16 saves in goal
Belmont Abbey will play its first home game of the season on Saturday, March 2 at 11:30 AM, when it welcomes Rockhurst University.