HARTSVILLE, S.C. - Camrynn Aiello scored a goal with just under 10 minutes remaining to help the Belmont Abbey Field Hockey team to a 2-1 victory at Coker this afternoon. With the win, the Crusaders move to 3-4 on the season, with a 3-2 conference record. The Cobras dipped to 1-4 overall and 1-4 in conference play.
How it Happened
- The first half was a defensive battle, with both teams getting just two shots, as well as two penalty corners
- About 10 minutes into the second half, Coker took a 1-0 lead
- The Crusaders only needed three minutes to tie the game at one, on a goal by Xanthe Rademeyer
- Aiello scored the game winner with less than 10 minutes to play
- The Abbey's defensive unit, led by Emilie Devaux, only allowed six shots in the game
Belmont Abbey will visit Limestone on Saturday. That contest will start at 11 a.m.